IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

W8-RP Multi-User Problem

My understanding is that a license for IMF Pro covers a computer and is not restricted to one user on that computer. Therefore if multiple users are logged into a computer using W8-RP IObit Pro should work for each of the users.

I prefer to log in as multiple users, one for desktop usage (non-Metro apps) which I use a Local account and one for Metro apps which I have to use for my Windows account. Since non-Metro programs even when started from Metro open onto the desktop I also wind up using the desktop when I am logged into my Windows account.

When I switch users IMF Pro is only accessible by the first user? to login. So if I originally login with my Local account IMF Pro shows up on the Taskbar and is GTG. However if I then login to my Windows account keeping my Local account open IMF Pro is not accessible when I switch to the desktop from Metro in my Windows account. IMF Pro may also not be accessible to the second user even if the first user to login, logs out. This needs to be checked. Note: IMF.exe does show up in the Windows Task Manager as running while in the second account but no access to the program is available in the second account.

As far as I know IObit says version 1.4 supports W8. If this is the case then IObit needs to look into this and make sure that IMF Pro users will have full access to IMF Pro at the Desktop if they are logged into their Windows account, multiple accounts or were logged into multiple accounts. I don't know if this problem also occurs if there are two Local accounts open or two Windows accounts open.

Thanks

P.S. ASC Pro may work fine in the above situations, I am not sure. It should also be checked by IObit to make sure it is functioning correctly in the situations described above.

Archived