IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Ram 2.1 disables copy/paste?

Jeroen

Windows 2000 SP4

Last week my copy/paste started malfunctioning (only working sometimes and finally refusing all the time). I first suspected ASC's (Deep) Registry Fix, but this seems ok. I recovered Windows 2000 by Restore Last Known Good Configuration, which was successful: Copy/Paste worked again.

Now I got a reoccurrence of the issue today after using Smart Ram's Smart Clean, so I'm pretty sure Smart Ram is the culprit. (I have all the options enabled incl. Clean Clipboard) But of course I cannot be 100% sure.

Anyone with the same issue on w2k?

Can Iobit emulate this issue on w2k and report back?

Regards,

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen

If you have copy/paste (clipboard) emtied continually it seems clear to me that it doesn't work.

If it runs continually it will continually remove everything copied because you have asked it to.

Remove/untick that setting from your Smart RAM is my advice.

You can change it back for a short while if you sometimes need to use it for one reason or another. For example to empty it if it contains a very large number of MB that you do not need or if you need to use some more Ram for other things.

Cheers

solbjerg

Windows 2000 SP4

Last week my copy/paste started malfunctioning (only working sometimes and finally refusing all the time). I first suspected ASC's (Deep) Registry Fix, but this seems ok. I recovered Windows 2000 by Restore Last Known Good Configuration, which was successful: Copy/Paste worked again.

Now I got a reoccurrence of the issue today after using Smart Ram's Smart Clean, so I'm pretty sure Smart Ram is the culprit. (I have all the options enabled incl. Clean Clipboard) But of course I cannot be 100% sure.

Anyone with the same issue on w2k?

Can Iobit emulate this issue on w2k and report back?

Regards,

Jeroen

Thanx,

Yes, I already unchecked it.

I wasn't aware this setting was a continuous one: Thought it only emptied the clipboard when actively clicking Smart/Deep Clean.

Who wants it to work continuously...? Doesn't seam logical to me.

Regards,

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen

If you have copy/paste (clipboard) emtied continually it seems clear to me that it doesn't work.

If it runs continually it will continually remove everything copied because you have asked it to.

Remove/untick that setting from your Smart RAM is my advice.

You can change it back for a short while if you sometimes need to use it for one reason or another. For example to empty it if it contains a very large number of MB that you do not need or if you need to use some more Ram for other things.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Jeroen,

This issue is discussed many times in the forum and it is known that ticking the checkbox in settings of SmartRAM is the cause of that behaviour.

Please untick "Clean clipboard" option in settigs and click OK button.

Cheers.

EDIT: Oopss...Reply is before seeing your last post!

Thanx,

I did search for the issue in the forum, but didn't find it (can be me ;-)).

Is it a good idea to put it in a separate Smart Ram forum (like is existing for Smart Defrag)?

Regards,

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

This issue is discussed many times in the forum and it is known that ticking the checkbox in settings of SmartRAM is the cause of that behaviour.

Please untick "Clean clipboard" option in settigs and click OK button.

Cheers.

EDIT: Oopss...Reply is before seeing your last post!

Haha: You are a gentleman 8-)

(I still think it would be practical though...) EDIT: Oh, yes for the Users only to read the concerned ! :-P :lol:

Cheers

It is a good idea but I doubt the practicality of it as there are more than 20 tools in the Toolbox and all would need a seperate section then with very few threads/posts each. :idea: :wink:

Cheers.

Archived