IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Focusing on External Drives: 2 sugestions

PTLdom

1. Allow a "defrag now" activity of an external drive, while keeping the "auto defrag" activity on another (including the internal HD).

2. Allow the use of an external drive to support the internal drive "defrag and optimise", when the later lacks in capacity ro "optimise".

Regards,

PTLdom

Bit of a bummer - I cannot see how to defrag externals at all - like flash drives. OK, not a thing to be recommended to the extent that one would defrag a hard drive, because of limited wipe/write life, but if it does not see the flash drive, will it see other externals?

Am I missing something?

M

Focusing on External Driver: 2 suggestions

PTLdm wrote:

"1. Allow a "defrag now" activity of an external drive, while keeping the "auto defrag" activity on another (including the internal HD)."

This 1st suggestion interests me, but I want to reformulate it:

1. Allow a "defrag now" of a big data drive ( fixed in the computer or connected to a USB port ), while keeping the "auto defrag" activity on the C-drive, where the systems are.

If I want to defrag a big data drive, it happens often, that the defrag stops and my computer reboots. To avoid this, I first defrag my system drive ( c-drive ), and then I defrag the big data drive. Often this works, but sometimes, the defrag of the big data drive stops and the computer restarts anyhow. If this happens, I have to defragment the c-drive again, because the c-drive has been too fragmented, while defragging the big data file. Then I defrag the big data drive again, and usually the defrag of it will be completed!

Therefore, I want to have the c-drive on the "auto defrag", while I "defrag now" the big data drive.

I understand that this cannot be accomplished, if it demands to much usage of CPU or of resources, but I like to get comments on this!

Focusing on External Drives: 2 suggestions

I refer to my previous Reply, where I wrote:

"Therefore, I want to have the c-drive on the "auto defrag", while I "defrag now" the big data drive.

I understand that this cannot be accomplished, if it demands to much usage of CPU or of resources, but I like to get comments on this!"

----------------------------------

Addition ( Continuation ):

If an "auto defrag" of the c-drive cannot be done at the same time as a "defrag now" of the big data drive, I suggest the following:

When the "defrag now" of the big data drive has caused fragmentation of the c-drive to a certain degree, the defrag of the big data drive should pause, so that the "auto defrag" of the c-drive can start. When the c-drive has completed its defrag, the "defrag now" of the big data drive can continue from where it was force to pause!

A bit tricky is to decide the certain degree above! A certain percentage or what?

Full Drives are, mostly, Undefragmentable.

First of all, people, I would not be surprised that, your main Hard-Drive is totally full of useless clutter made of extremely old files and temporary files.

:roll:

You have to use the Windows Function of Clean Disk, under the folder called 'Accessories' of the List of all installed Programs. Found within the Start Menu of the Logo of Windows at the very bottom-left of the Main Desktop Window(where all of your programs Icons are, + background wallpaper of it also):!:

Clean Disk will probably free a few Gigabytes worth of that cluttered data files.8-)

Archived