IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Bug with external hard drive

Hello people!

Let me explain briefly my problem:

I keep my games on an external hard drive to save space. If I run GameBooster when my external HD is disconnected, all my shortcut in Game Box are gone.

If I connect my HD when it's too late, or if I restart GB, nothing. The Game Box is empty.

There is a way to prevent this (maybe backing up a file)? Or should you great IOBit programmers take this eventuality into consideration, please?

Regards,

Drag.

Hello,

:?: You want GB to See software, on an external-drive, that Is NOT connected to computer ?:shock:?:shock:? :shock:? :shock:?

If the external-drive has a USB-2.0 or slower Interface the game-Programs should Not be on it.

(USB-3.0 or eSATA Interface are fast enough though)

Hello,

:?: You want GB to See software, on an external-drive, that Is NOT connected to computer ?:shock:?:shock:? :shock:? :shock:?

If the external-drive has a USB-2.0 or slower Interface the game-Programs should Not be on it.

(USB-3.0 or eSATA Interface are fast enough though)

Well, you know... in Windows, if you create a shortcut that points to a program that is installed on an external drive... the worst thing that could happen is that you see a standard icon image, but the info remain stored. The icon itself doesn't disappear.

If you reconnect the device, everything is OK again.

With GB, forget to connect the external drive BEFORE launching GB and all your icons are gone forever... unless you recreate them 1 by 1...

OK, how about a practical solution if it works. :idea:

Creating the same set of shortcuts beforehand and keeping them in a folder, and if external drive is not connected before launching GB by mistake, and all the shortcuts are gone from GB, drag all the shortcuts from previously created folder to GB??????

Will it work? :roll:

Cheers.

Archived