IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC downloads from CNET are corrupt

Scannan

I have just tried to update my ASC 5 pro ver 5.2, following an update message from Iobit. When I clicked to update I was transferred to the CNET download page. After downloading version 5.3, I went to run it but was told that it was corrupted and I needed to download a new program.

I went through the procedure again and got exactly the same result from the second download. This has happened the last three times I went to update to a new version from the CNET site.

I tried instead downloading from the Major Geeks site and it worked fine.

What is the story with CNET, and if there is a problem, then why are Iobit using them.

This is such a great program, but it is very disappointing to have these sorts of issues.

Hi Scannan, welcome to IObit Forum!:-D

You can download all IObit programs from the links which are controlled in the Forum.

All IObit programs' setup files can be found from the links in the relevant threads in News & Offers section.

CNET is one of the largest well known source for so many softwares uploaded setup files.

Your problem could have been because of a bad connections by chance.

Cheers.

Enoskype

Thank you for your reply. I understand that there are other links available, but my concern is the the ASC update automatically sends me to the CNET site, but the last three times I have tried to download an update, I have received the message that the file is corrupted, when I try to execute it. Yet if I go to either MajorGeeks or Softonic and download the file, there is no problem with the downloaded .exe file.

So it definitely is not a connection problem. I would be grateful for any ideas.

OK Scannan, are you using any download program?

Personally, for a very long time I have been using GerRight and very happy with it.

Anyway, you can try one with the verification capability and see if it helps.

BTW, all download centers have their glitches, fx. most of the time I do use MajorGeeks and sometimes the downloaded file is not the indicated new one but the old version.

In that respect, IObit redirects their various setup file downloads to several different servers.

As I mentioned before, all the downloads from the links given in News & Offers section of the IObit Forum are controlled and chosen from the earliest supplier and the rest added later. :-D

Cheers.

Thank you Enoskype, for your suggestions. I will in future use the forum for ASC download links. However, My concern regarding CNET remains, as The problem has occurred numerous time over a period of a year, so it definitely has nothing to do with glitches. I have even tried downloading the CNET file three times in succession, to allow for a bad write, but the result was the same, a currupted file. Sadly there is no way to make CNET aware of this and maybe identify the problem.

It would be nice if I could find a way to prevent ASC/Iobit from automatically sending me to the CNET site.

Regards

When you face the Sun, the shadows are always behind you

Scannan, I am sure someone from IObit is reading this thread and they have got the message.

Lets hope that they will have a word with CNET, as you may know, software producers have certain agreements with specific download servers for their specific products. c|net, MajorGeeks, FreeNew.net, and GGAME FORUM are the main download server suppliers for IObit's different products.

I can only advice you to do what I am doing.:wink:

Whenever there is a reminder from any IObit product for an update, I go to the servers that I prefer. :-D

Cheers.

Hi enoskype, you provided a great suggestion.:-)

Hello Scannan,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have already reported this issue you encountered to our manager.

And we will keep on improving our products as well as service.

Archived