IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Silverlight option

I use Skygo which operates using Microsoft Silverlight, a while ago you took the Silverlight option away which caused me to move onto other popular software that has the Silverlight option, Ive just downloaded ASC again to find that you still havent reintroduced the Silverlight option under media in privacy settings despite my comments and posts on your official Facebook page. The Silverlight option is the only thing that is stopping me from using ASC. If i use ASC without the Silverlight option i have to re-register my Skygo device and it only allows 2 changes per month and since im not the only 1 using the same Sky account i simply cannot re-register devices everytime i use ASC so until you re-introduce the option myself and other skygo users simply cannot use ASC without penalty. Please rectify asap.

Thanks

Hi The Dogs of War

Isn't it possible to find the silverlight reference in the "Problems" while running a scan in Privacy? And then place it in the ignore list.

How about trying running everthing but the media cleaning first and then run the media cleaning and check all "Problems" manually before finalizing the cleaning and see if you can locate silverlight anywhere.

Don't finalize the scan if you don't find it.

Cheers

solbjerg

I use Skygo which operates using Microsoft Silverlight, a while ago you took the Silverlight option away which caused me to move onto other popular software that has the Silverlight option, Ive just downloaded ASC again to find that you still havent reintroduced the Silverlight option under media in privacy settings despite my comments and posts on your official Facebook page. The Silverlight option is the only thing that is stopping me from using ASC. If i use ASC without the Silverlight option i have to re-register my Skygo device and it only allows 2 changes per month and since im not the only 1 using the same Sky account i simply cannot re-register devices everytime i use ASC so until you re-introduce the option myself and other skygo users simply cannot use ASC without penalty. Please rectify asap.

Thanks

ive run a privacy scan and silverlight doesnt come up, also ran privacy scan for media only and again silverlight doesnt come up.

Are you saying that Silverlight is not listed on Settings page of the 'Privacy-Sweep' utility,

or the 'Privacy-Sweeper' in Toolbox?

Is that what you are asking about?

Isn't Silverlight really the same as a Programming language?

If so, why would you Need to scan it with the 'Privacy-Sweep' utility?

Are you saying that Silverlight is not listed on Settings page of the 'Privacy-Sweep' utility,

or the 'Privacy-Sweeper' in Toolbox?

Is that what you are asking about?

Isn't Silverlight really the same as a Programming language?

If so, why would you Need to scan it with the 'Privacy-Sweep' utility?

Yes that's correct Silverlight option is not on Settings of the Privacy Sweep or the Tool Box like it was in previous versions of ASC. Silverlight is something i dont want to scan and fix. I just wanted to know why the option is no longer available but I just had a light bulb moment and thought it logical if Silverlight is not in the program then why would it scan and fix it so i risked a full scan and fix and my Skygo that uses Silverlight still works without me having to re-register any devices. Problem solved, well it turned out not to be a problem, i was just worried about my sky go as i had fallen victim to fixing Silverlight and losing my skygo until i found the Silverlight option in the previous version of ASC so when the option disappeared in the new version i became a wee bit worried that i would lose skygo again.

Anyway thanks for your replies.

DoW

Hi The Dogs of War,

The Silverlight option was removed in order to avoid causing any issues to Skygo.

At present, ASC doesn't clean Sliverlight relevant files by default.

Please don't worry about it.:-)

Archived