IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Backup of Smart Defrag v.1.0 becomes corrupt!

sweidre

On 11 Sept I installed Smart Defrag v.1.0 to my c-drive, and made an analyzis, defragging, and optimazation of all my hard disks. I was really impressed of this software! (The only problem was the legend, that was valid for analyzing only, but not for defragging or optimazation, where the blocks were shaded).

Once a week I usually make a backup (Norton Ghost) of my c-drive. As I was happy with Smart Defrag, I decided on the evening 11 Sept to make a ghost of my c-drive.

12 Sept I tested to install XP SP3, but everything went completely wrong, so I decided to load my c-drive with the ghost from 11 Sept!

Then my c-drive worked OK, except Smart Defrag, that was acting strangely! For the c-drive analyzis was done, but with no blocks visable in the window! Defragging was done unvisably and too fast to be true. Optimazation was not done at all, but the result was shown in the window. I could see, that optimazation has not acted at all!

I decided to uninstall Smart Defrag completely, and installed it again to the c-drive. Now analyzation, defragging, and optimazation were done as good as on 11 Sept!

This was the first time, that a software has been corrupt in a backup (ghost)!

Does anybody else has a better explanation to this?

Regards,

sweidre

Archived