IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cloned files?

tyeone77

I have read everything that was posted about cloned files and I understand what to do and what not to do however I still have a question or two regarding the deletion of certain files.

I have cloned files that I do not use any more but didn't find them in the Uninstall files but in the Cloned Files Scanner sub titles-such as PNG Image, Bitmap or other titles. Some cloned 4-11 times.

I have one file by the name Inbox Ace, I used to do surveys under the name Inbox and I found Microsoft has an Inbox also but I don't know which one has the Ace behind it. Do you know which one? Another file name is MindDabble, I deleted it a while back using the advanced setting on Uninstaller, I thought with the Power scan it should have removed all traces of the of the file. It's the same with MyFunCards. These plus one other are the most consistant in my cloned files so if I check these files for deletion will my pc be affected even tho they aren't part of running my pc?

Fortunately I have only 306 cloned files compared to the 99,000+ one gentleman said he had. I can get almost 1gb (storage?) maybe more if I delete these files. My main question is: Am I safe to delete MindDabble and MyFunCards without having to worry about my pc being affected?

Thank you for any answers I get.

Hi tyeone77, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

No body could guarantee that deletion of those files will not have an effect on your PC, but you can try noting the location of those files and copying them to a safe place and deleting the concerned files.

If you feel that deletion had an effect, you can replace them back.

My suggestion is to search the Google before you decide.

BTW, the new ASC 7 Beta 1.0 which is released yesterday have a new Cloned Files Scanner tool (program) with a lot of alternatives for the option of deleting and automatic action.

You can find the download link for ASC 7 Beta 1.0 in Advanced SystemCare 7 Beta 1.0 is released! thread.

Cheers.

Archived