X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AndyB
    started a topic Permanently remove the Mobile app in W7

Permanently remove the Mobile app in W7

Since ASC has crippled my Firefox I don't want the same to happen to my phone. No matter how often I uninstall the mobile app, it keeps coming back, prompting me to install ASC on my phone.

On my main PC I have now removed ASC completely, but my wife wants to keep the basic functions. Does anyone know how I remove the mobile installation icon which keeps installing itself on the desktop of the W7 laptop?

Thanks.

• AndyB
    replied
    I now know what happened. The laptop just updated and during the update it ran through a "tutorial".

On my desktop PC I just clicked "next" all the time, thinking it really was just a tutorial, not realising that my previous settings were not used this time around but were overwritten and the mobile phone icon was launched. On the laptop I picked it up and averted the crisis I am experiencing on my PC.

I still don't have full control over my browser and will need to completely reset it and lose a lot of time-saving information. The fact that I am getting iobit marketing stuff now has helped me decide to abandon iobit applications completely as I don't trust the company any longer.

Leave a comment:

• dev3
    replied
    It wont ask you to install amc on phone if you don't open MMM or click action center item(Advanced mobile care)

Leave a comment:

• AndyB
    replied
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll try that and see if works over the next 2 or 3 days.

I just know that on my PC I did not select it and it popped up on my desktop anyway. I'm using the Pro version and have a 3rd machine, which I have not used for a week, so I'll see if this one also starts installing the Mobile icon on its own when it does the ASC update.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• enoskype
    replied
    Hi AndyB, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

I would try Powerful uninstalling ASC with stand alone IObit Uninstaller 3, and remove all the related folders below with all their contents :
    C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7
    C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\LocalLow\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7
    C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 7
    C:\ProgramData\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7

You have to have your files/folders unhidden to see some of those folders.

Reinstall the latest version available as of now from: Advanced SystemCare 7.1 (7.1.0.387) is released! thread.

If you don't use ManageMyMobile in the Toolbox and do not have a look for Advanced Mobile Care in the Action Center, I believe you will not be bothered with the notices to install that program.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X