IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Dumprep & working with IObit360

LoiS-sez

I reluctantly (sorry 'bout that!) downloaded IObit 360 as it was given a green light by McAfee site checker to remove Dumprep. I don't really want IObit starting up when I do a Startup, but I do have a notice that comes up whenever I open my computer. Tried unsuccessfully to send this message to the IObit Upload about suspicious files.

Dumprep is often a problem attached to something else. I removed or delayed several programs & now this appears each time at startup: C:windows%\system32\Dumprep0-K (that last part may be O-K as a number or a letter). I want to remove it if its malware or not a problem when gone. If this isn't malware nor likely to cause a problem, how do I keep this notice from appearing.

So here I am in yet another Forum & hoping I haven't made things worse. Figure this at least is a legitimate site, now what to do about that aggravating notice?

Hi LoiS-sez, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

Forget about IObit360, as it is replaced by IMF (IObit Malware Fighter). The latest version is downloadable from IMF IObit Malware Fighter 1.2 [Debug version 1.2.0.16] available! thread.

You will not get any response about IObit360 in this forum anymore.

(C:windows%\system32\dumprep 0 -k) "kernelfaultcheck" is not required to run at start up.

It is used in connection with memory dumps.

-You can disable these by right clicking on My Computer, selecting Properties and then the Advanced tab.

-Click on the Settings button in 'Startup and Recovery'.

-In the bottom pane, under 'Write debugging information', click on the down arrow and then select 'None'.

-OK your way out.

Even if you disable dumprep you will still get Event Logging in your PC.

Dumprep has nothing to do with the generating of bugcheck errors, event logging or other errors that might occur on your computer.

All it does is prepare the error information after the error has occurred.

The error information is prepared so that it may be sent to Microsoft for further analysis, that is all that dumprep does, it prepares the Memory Dump file for further analysis.

Memory Dump files are usually quite large and after such a file is created, if the computer boots and if dumprep is enabled, you will notice lots of disk activity, possibly a long delay before the computer settles down as dumprep is readying the file for shipment to Microsoft.

Here is MS article : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899870

Cheers.

Archived