IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I want the old gamebooster, this razer one sucks...

• 5 weeks later...

Just so you guys now, I dont think they've removed any of the previous features, You just need to read the documentation to find out how to use them lol!

Couple of help bits for you.

Switch to Gaming Mode (without launching game) - Ctrl + Alt + B

Normal Mode - Ctrl + Alt + R

hope that helps :)

Just so you guys now, I dont think they've removed any of the previous features, You just need to read the documentation to find out how to use them lol!

Couple of help bits for you.

Switch to Gaming Mode (without launching game) - Ctrl + Alt + B

Normal Mode - Ctrl + Alt + R

hope that helps :)

This isn't true at all. The Razer version has removed many features included in the old 3.5 beta. Just for example, try to boost the Razer version without launching a game. It's not possible. I won't use the Razer version because of this.

Hi masterblaster,

I have to correct you that the key combinations OwenMelbz metions, do exactly what he says when Razer Game Booster 3.5.6.22 is opened, ie.

Ctrl + Alt + B starts the boosting of PC without launching a game,

and

Ctrl + Alt + R returns the PC state to Normal (No game to stop as no game has been started.).:-D

Cheers.

• 9 months later...

Razor version is ridiculous

I'm trying to boost to play Fallout 3 and Fallout NV. It doesn't matter what game I'm boosting for: Razor has nothing to do with it and I don't want to sign in to just use the Game Booster.

Don't try and tell us it's not spyware. If they are tracking what games we are boosting for then it's the definition of spying.

The old version would let us shut down all kinds of services, even our anti-virus that can suck up 3 to 12% CPU slices while new code fires up. This Razor version doesn't allow to change the service whitelist.

Maybe some other company will provide an updated booster program that doesn't make us open up for email spam.

I'll use a new email address that's never been given out and we'll see if I start to get spam after giving it to Razor Game Boost.

They collect data and give to 3rd parties

This is from their Terms of Service:

4. Privacy Policy

When you use the Services, there is a possibility that we will collect or receive your Personal Information or Non-Identifying Information (as those terms are defined in our Privacy Policy, available at http://www.razerzone.com/privacy-policy). Subject to Section 5, Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information are treated in accordance with our Privacy Policy. Our Privacy Policy explains our privacy practices with regards to the Services. By using a Service, you accept and consent to our Privacy Policy, which we may update from time to time.

5. Your Content in the Services

Certain of the Services may allow you to upload or otherwise submit content, materials and/or other information (“User Content”) to us for purposes of using the Services. Some examples of User Content include, but are not limited to, your custom settings, configurations, icons, avatars, scripts, and other materials you make available. User Content shall, unless otherwise stated, exclude Personal Information and Feedback (as defined below).

You expressly grant to us (and our associates and others we may work with, including any third parties that may acquire our business) the complete and irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, broadcast, and otherwise communicate, and publicly display and perform the User Content and derivative works thereof in any form, anywhere on the Services for the purpose for which you submitted or made available, with or without attribution to you, and without any notice or compensation to you of any kind. This right continues even if you stop using the Services.

Again, signing in, giving away privacy, giving them the rights to my content without even them providing a game for me to play is ridiculous.

Archived