IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Google CHROME wants browser updated: Q's

WriterJC

Confused about the browser future for XP users...

Microsoft to stop supporting Windows-XP April 2014. Does this mean XP users cannot continue using IE-9, or does it simply mean no more XP updates?

Google will extend XP support for one additional year -- apparently for those using CHROME instead of IE.

So does this mean XP users should change to Chrome now for the additional year of XP recognition with the browser?

Thanks!

Writer JC

XP Home SP3 32 bit

Intel, Celeron CPU 2.93 GHz, 960 MB RAM

DSL AT&T

IE-9

Windows Essentials

IMF PRO (latest version)

IObit ASC (free) v. 6.3

IObit Driver Booster PRO

Auslogics Disk Defrag

Auslogics Boost Speed PRO

Ccleaner

Foxit Reader

Google CHROME wants browser updated: Q's

I loved Windows XP. I think it was one of Microsoft's best OS.

It was released in August 2001. That makes it over 11 years old. It was a great OS in it's time, but it's time has passed. You should really think about updating to at least Windows 7. That could be an issue with your rig though.

Thanks for your thoughts, Masterblaster. Like you, XP has been M-S's best ... "If it isn't broken, don't fix it!" comes to mind.

That said, my Q's are for clarification of WHAT M-S and Google mean for an XP user (2 separate questions). I do NOT want to transition to the newer (and HUGE) version/s of M-S until ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Cheers,

JC

From what I understood. You can still use Windows XP. But it depends on browsers like Chrome and Firefox, if they will stop supporting XP for newer versions.

You might have an old browser but you can still use it. Just to give you an example, I have on PC with Firefox 3.0 on it and it loads almost all sites I could think of. You also will need to consider Flash, if it will support it. Basically, it's not up to XP alone. icon_smile.gif

Confused about the browser future for XP users...

Microsoft to stop supporting Windows-XP April 2014. Does this mean XP users cannot continue using IE-9, or does it simply mean no more XP updates?

Google will extend XP support for one additional year -- apparently for those using CHROME instead of IE.

So does this mean XP users should change to Chrome now for the additional year of XP recognition with the browser?

Thanks!

Writer JC

XP Home SP3 32 bit

Intel, Celeron CPU 2.93 GHz, 960 MB RAM

DSL AT&T

IE-9

Windows Essentials

IMF PRO (latest version)

IObit ASC (free) v. 6.3

IObit Driver Booster PRO

Auslogics Disk Defrag

Auslogics Boost Speed PRO

Ccleaner

Foxit Reader

What? IE 9 on XP

As much as I like XP I wouldn't stay with it after April 2014 due to someone finding a security exploit and waiting until Microsoft end support for XP before releasing it.

Just go to Windows 7, it's stable enough now. You can skip Vista.

Archived