IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Does the IOBit Malware Fighter detect IOBit Toolbar as Malware?

joej

Worse, instead of getting proper information as replies to my support requests I've gotten bad information such as the following from Cicely:

Hi there,

This is Cicely from IObit.

Please use IObit Uninstaller to remove IObit Apps Toolbar and Click Savings.

Then use spigot to search in IObit Uninstaller and then remove found applications.

And this similar response from Sally:

Dear Customer,

Sorry for all the inconvenience. This is Sally from IObit Support Team.

Please follow the steps below to solve the issue.

1. Please exit all running browsers. Then open Advanced SystemCare and go to Toolbox. Then click IObit Uninstaller to use this tool to uninstall IObit Apps Toolbar and Slick Savings and click Powerful Scan to clean any leftover. And then imputing the word "spigot" into the search box of IObit Uninstaller to do a search, and uninst all the programs in the search result list.

2. Open Advanced SystemCare -> Click "More Settings" icon on the top right corner of the main screen and select "Settings" -> Click "Homepage Protection" on the bottom left -> Click "Settings" on the right to open Homepage Protection setting window -> Turn off all the browser homepage protection -> Click "Apply" and "OK".

3. Refer to the links below to change the homepage and search engine to the one you prefer:

http://www.myquickhomepage.com/how-to-change-homepage/

http://www.pcworld.com/article/249158/how_to_change_your_browsers_default_search_engine.html

4. Please open Advanced SystemCare, and then open Homepage Protection setting window again. Then turn on all the browser homepage protection to protect the homepage and search engine from malicious modification. Then Click "Apply" and "OK".

Note: When installing IObit products, you can click “Decline” button if you don’t want to install IObit Toolbar.

If any further question, please feel free to contact us.

To which I must and have replied:

This did not solve my problem for multiple reasons.

1). I do not have IOBits Uninstaller installed.

2). The damage has already been done by installing and then uninstalling the IOBits Toolbar.

3). This does not provide the information on the changes the IOBits Toolbar made.

4). This does not correct the failings listed below during the install/uninstall of the IOBits Toolbar.

5). This fails to address all of the issues which are direct failures to meet the requirements of the TRUSTe certification and labels displayed on your site because the IOBits Toolbar install and uninstall still makes these changes, destroys user data, and does not restore the changes it makes, as well as still failing to provide accurate information about the install/uninstall process and changes made.

AT THIS POINT I AGAIN DEMAND A COMPLETE LIST OF THE CHANGES MADE BY THIS SOFTWARE! So far your company has failed to meet the requirements of the TRUSTe marker you display on your website in multiple ways. First and foremost is the inability to know what changes your software makes. Second is the destruction of personal data and settings. Third is the disrespect to the end user by not restoring settings on uninstall.

Cordially and disappointed,

Archived