IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Network Optimization Setting

racy2

Hi from "Racy2" ,I hope this is correct forum(first time user).

I have a question about network optimization settings.

My internet and phone use a wireless 3g phone network.

Which of the 4 settings do I chose, Basic,or DSL. obviously not Lan or Dial Up. (Currently set to Basic).

I love the very slick interface of ASC. and to date it has done no harm to my machine. I have discarded several other optimizers as this one seems to be the complete package.

I use both Firefox & IE 8 beta browsers, Acer Arcade deluxe (for Blue ray)

Macrium Reflect backup (free & very fast),AVG8 free antivirus, Malawarebytes, & Glary Utilities, although the last two may be redundant with ASC3 Proff.

My Computer is an Acer Aspire 5920G Laptop with HDMI and Blue Ray Drive.

Running Vista Home Premium

Which works very well with My Sony 40" HD, LCD TV.:-P

Hi from "Racy2" ,I hope this is correct forum(first time user).

I have a question about network optimization settings.

My internet and phone use a wireless 3g phone network.

Which of the 4 settings do I chose, Basic,or DSL. obviously not Lan or Dial Up. (Currently set to Basic).

I love the very slick interface of ASC. and to date it has done no harm to my machine. I have discarded several other optimizers as this one seems to be the complete package.

I use both Firefox & IE 8 beta browsers, Acer Arcade deluxe (for Blue ray)

Macrium Reflect backup (free & very fast),AVG8 free antivirus, Malawarebytes, & Glary Utilities, although the last two may be redundant with ASC3 Proff.

My Computer is an Acer Aspire 5920G Laptop with HDMI and Blue Ray Drive.

Running Vista Home Premium

Which works very well with My Sony 40" HD, LCD TV.:-P

you would choose DSL. basic would be what free users use. also i find that Glary Utilities now detects nothing after using ASC3 and others. AVG8 should probably be replaced by Avira Free. It is better, free real time protection, lighter on resources, and has a higher detection rate. unless you use malwarebytes with real time protection, i would suggest getting spywareterminator although it tends to be annoying at times(like a firewall).

• 2 years later...
you would choose DSL. basic would be what free users use. also i find that Glary Utilities now detects nothing after using ASC3 and others. AVG8 should probably be replaced by Avira Free. It is better, free real time protection, lighter on resources, and has a higher detection rate. unless you use malwarebytes with real time protection, i would suggest getting spywareterminator although it tends to be annoying at times(like a firewall).

I would put dial up because if you use a 3g, isdn, or bluetooth modem, edge etc then that is the setting

I use a wireless modem with 3.1 mbps and cant figure out whether to use dial up (because i have to dial a number to connect) or what? i think the settings should be for whatever your speed is not what type of connection because its about the tcp and udp port settings which threshold to set.

I think a dial up 3.1mbps and a 1,mbps wireless lan cannot be considered less tcp window for the dial up and more for the lan simply because of connection type.

But then again i dont understand the protocols so perhaps i am wrong

Archived