IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SD2: 'Fast Optimize' takes 11 hours

ultraVert

First of all, hello Iobit Community!

I hope this is the correct place for a Smart Defrag 2 issue, I didn't see a forum dedicated to SD.

I should have taken a screen shot of this. As the title states, I just finished running SD2 and it took 11 hours to complete, for 120 fragmented files... none of which were larger than 20mb!

Some info that may help you help me:

Computer is kept clean and all drivers are up to date.

I do not auto defrag, I'm obsessed with things running that do not need to, so even though SD2 is a low resource prog, I still only run it after I dl anything significant.

CPU and RAM usage during this defrag session were basically at idle.

The computer was not in use other than SD, and other background programs running. Basically, nothing was out of the ordinary, the computer showed no signs of locking up nor did SD2 show any signs of freezing.

Also, I'm running a 300gig HDD for my OS drive, with 160 gigs of free space.

That's all I can really think of, if any of you guys know what the problem is or need more info, just ask.

EDIT: Moved to relevant section Smart Defrag

Hi ultraVert, welcome to IObit forum!

Thank you for the feedback and information.

Can you try it at your convenience with AVG and any other security software disabled and give the feedback again please?

Cheers.

Thanks to whomever moved the thread to the correct spot, I appreciate it.

@ enoskype

Yea I can try that and see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the quick response and sorry it took so long to reply, I've been busy.

• 1 month later...

Extremely slow SD

I'm seeing the same thing. Closer to 10 hours, but still :) I'd be extremely interested in a solution, right now I can't use the defrag fix option on deep scan unless I'm leaving for the day. Not good.

For what it's worth, I watched for a good while with MS Resource manager (think that's the name, from task manager) and there was a lot, a LOT, of churn with the disk. By churn, read and write, and read and write... Seemed like enough to reformat and reload - probably would have been faster.

BTW, ran it on another machine not using AVG (First was a Vista) running 7. Still a looooong time, but nothing nearly as bad as the poor Vista machine with the extra CPUs.

First of all, hello Iobit Community!

I hope this is the correct place for a Smart Defrag 2 issue, I didn't see a forum dedicated to SD.

I should have taken a screen shot of this. As the title states, I just finished running SD2 and it took 11 hours to complete, for 120 fragmented files... none of which were larger than 20mb!

Some info that may help you help me:

Computer is kept clean and all drivers are up to date.

I do not auto defrag, I'm obsessed with things running that do not need to, so even though SD2 is a low resource prog, I still only run it after I dl anything significant.

CPU and RAM usage during this defrag session were basically at idle.

The computer was not in use other than SD, and other background programs running. Basically, nothing was out of the ordinary, the computer showed no signs of locking up nor did SD2 show any signs of freezing.

Also, I'm running a 300gig HDD for my OS drive, with 160 gigs of free space.

That's all I can really think of, if any of you guys know what the problem is or need more info, just ask.

EDIT: Moved to relevant section Smart Defrag

funny, fully optimize for me only takes an hour or so....... on a 220 gig dell inspiron 1525 with windows vista home basic installed

Archived