Reboot during ASC registry fix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reboot during ASC registry fix

My Sony Vaio reboots every time I run ASC Pro 3.2 during the registry fix scan. I turned off the deep scan and it still reboots during the scan. I am running Window XP. Any suggestions out there for a fix?

Additional Info: The computer has started to reboot at random times even when I am not running an ASC scan. This is a new problem to me. The computer is 4 years old and I had not experienced this problem previously. Nonetheless, it always reboots when running the ASC registry fix scan.

I have now narrowed it a bit -- if I uncheck ActiveX Components and Classes and deep scan, then the registry fix scans and correctly all other problems. If I try to scan the ActiveX or Classes then the computer reboots. Perhaps that helps? I'd appreciate your ideas.

Thanks.
    Last edited by doornorth; Feb. 28th, 2009, 19:08.

Hi doornorth,

I would do sfc /scannow , but make your installation CD ready, as the program may ask for it. Also try chkdsk /F in command prompt window, answer Y to the question and restart your PC. Wait for it to finish after restart before Windows starts.

Cheers.
    enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Working...
    X