IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Reboot during ASC registry fix

doornorth

My Sony Vaio reboots every time I run ASC Pro 3.2 during the registry fix scan. I turned off the deep scan and it still reboots during the scan. I am running Window XP. Any suggestions out there for a fix?

Additional Info: The computer has started to reboot at random times even when I am not running an ASC scan. This is a new problem to me. The computer is 4 years old and I had not experienced this problem previously. Nonetheless, it always reboots when running the ASC registry fix scan.

I have now narrowed it a bit -- if I uncheck ActiveX Components and Classes and deep scan, then the registry fix scans and correctly all other problems. If I try to scan the ActiveX or Classes then the computer reboots. Perhaps that helps? I'd appreciate your ideas.

Thanks.

Hi doornorth,

I would do sfc /scannow , but make your installation CD ready, as the program may ask for it. Also try chkdsk /F in command prompt window, answer Y to the question and restart your PC. Wait for it to finish after restart before Windows starts.

Cheers.

Archived