IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart defrag..invisable??

CHaos

i am not an expet but i am an adept computer user your prog. smart defrag 1.0 does not want to show up in the system tray after reboot. i can open the task manager and end task then open it and it will open in the system tray again. so i belive it has something to do with the auto load option.

im running windows vista with norton 360 antivirus (im not including bug report because i dont think this will be in there) the program does load on startup it just does not show in system tray and will not untill you end task (even if you open prog manually it will not show up in system tray)...other than that...so far so good :)

(it may be a minor problem that is easily fixed from my end but i thought i should let someone know...mybee to fix in an update??)

have a nice day!!:grin:

I have exactly the same issue on 2 computers. One Acer laptop with Vista 32bit and my system with Vista 64bit. On both, SmartDefrag just either dissapears or doesn't start at system boot. Process seems to be running but no icon next to the clock. It's really annoying as i don't know if it's even working and if it is, i can't see when its working 8icon animation).

It seems to be a problem with SmartDefrag as it's impossible to be just a random display error on 2 systems with completelly different software and hardware configuration. And even on someone else computer based on original posters description.

Please look into this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

SmartDefrag system tray icon

Hi Guys

Just to report I have exactly the same problem. Love the program but on I'd say 80% of reboots the tray icon is missing although it is definately running.

Sometimes it appears and sometimes it doesn't :-(

Deeply frustrating

Thanks

Guybrush

Hi guybrush,

I don't know if it will solve your problem, but have you tried going to:

Taskbar and Start Menu Properties=>Taskbar=> check "Hide inactive icons"=>click "Customize" button=>scroll down "Current Items" and "Past Items"=>change Behavior of Smart Defrag in both to "Always Show"?

Restart, use it for a while, restart Windows, and you can uncheck the "Hide inactive icons" checkbox if you are using without hiding.

I hope this helps.

OK guys,

I couldn't repeat the situation here, so contacting IObit revealed the following.

-IObit is aware of this bug.

1 ) They need the following feedback from you.

---Your OS, Detailed description of your trouble and suggestions.

---They need the screenshot of your trouble. The images will be much helpful.

Guides for Taking Screen Shots:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/tips/screenshot.mspx

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

--- Open program directory (Usually path: "C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit SmartDefrag"), and find a file named "bugreport.txt". Please send this file to them.

2)Please give IObit some days, since SD (Smart Defrag) 1.01 will be released around Oct 15. Some common bugs will be fixed and several improvements will be included in v1.01.

Cheers.

Archived