IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Wiped Command Prompt Clean...

nn9801

I am a moderately frequent user of command prompt.

However using it today I noticed that netuser/ipconfig/ping/command.com/help/almost all commands aren't working. I get the message

'ping' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I'm quite sure it has something to do with iobit AdvancedWindowsCare. I've tried restoring my reg but it hasn't solved my problem.

Searching through google I have the conclusion that it MAY have something to do with it messing up my paths in my Enviromental Variables.

Could anyone sugget how to solve my problem.

EDIT: Sorted. Just needed to add %PATH% to system32 to solve it.

Hi nn9801,

It sems to be a path problem.

If restore to an earlier time by "System Restore" did not solve your problem, you can try:

Command Prompt type chkdsk /F=>Enter=>type Y=>Enter=>Restart,

If it doesn't work, try to use it through:

Local disk (system disk)=> right click=>Properties=>Tools=>Error Checking=>Check Now...=>chek "Automatically fix system errors" checkbox=>click "Start button.

You can also try,

"sfc /scannow" from start=>Run.

Or, if you have ASC 3 RC1, use the same utility from Utilities section.

(You need your Windows installation media for that if you have not copied "i386" to under C: and changed the path.)

"sfc/scannow: Scans all protected system files immediately and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. This command may require access to the Windows installation source files."

Please read : http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

I can't think of something else at the moment.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: I didn't know that you edited. :grin: that you solved it.

Archived