IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Huge file: fidbox.dat

The report displayed after running a manual defrag with SmartDefrag showed a file in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\fidbox.dat that could not be defragmented. It was 622.49 MB in size. However after closing the report I could not find this file. Is this a temporary file that SmartDefrag used to perform its task?

Huge file: fidbox.exe

enoskype:

Thank you for your reply. I have my folders set to show hidden files, but fidbox.exe does not appear. I thought that maybe SmartDefrag used it during the defragmenting and then dumped it. I do not use Kapersky and never have. I use AVG 8 Free and ZoneAlarm Free firewall on my XP Home system.

perfesser, did you searced it or checked it going to:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\fidbox.dat

?

If it is there, you can use Contig.exe or/and Power Defragmenter to defrag it. Please see post #26 in this thread.

Cheers.

I went to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS and could not find fidbox.dat after the Defragment was done. It just showed in the SmartDefrag report about the defragment that was just done. I don't know what happened to it. Does SmartDefrag use such a file? I am wondering.

Archived