IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Yuk! My display settings have gone wrong [SOLVED]

Floydspaws

I'm running XP, have just installed and ran ASC version 6.0 Pro. The font and colour settings for all Windows programmes seem to have changed i.e. become very basic indeed:

• No colour in the bottom screen bar
  • tabs there very box-y with different font
  • 'start' button on the right has become a wrap-around the Windows logo and 'Start'
  • Outlook mailbox has lines separating individual messages
  • Bars along the top of file boxes look much more 2D than they did before
  • etc

I've taken a look at Windows 'settings' and 'appearance' via control panel but can't find anything to change the display back. I also can't see anything in ASC6 that would have done this (although obviously I've missed something somewhere).

What have I done?

How do I change it back?

How to I disable the feature that caused this?

I'm running XP, have just installed and ran ASC version 6.0 Pro. The font and colour settings for all Windows programmes seem to have changed i.e. become very basic indeed:

• No colour in the bottom screen bar
  • tabs there very box-y with different font
  • 'start' button on the right has become a wrap-around the Windows logo and 'Start'
  • Outlook mailbox has lines separating individual messages
  • Bars along the top of file boxes look much more 2D than they did before
  • etc

I've taken a look at Windows 'settings' and 'appearance' via control panel but can't find anything to change the display back. I also can't see anything in ASC6 that would have done this (although obviously I've missed something somewhere).

What have I done?

How do I change it back?

How to I disable the feature that caused this?

You probably turned on Turbo boost and disabled "Themes Manager" and "Aero Glass Effect" Just uncheck these settings while configuring turbo boost ;-)

Turn off turbo boost and configure it again just uncheck these two settings

Cheers :mrgreen:

You probably turned on Turbo boost and disabled "Themes Manager" and "Aero Glass Effect" Just uncheck these settings while configuring turbo boost ;-)

Turn off turbo boost and configure it again just uncheck these two settings

Cheers :mrgreen:

Yep "Themes Manager was ticked" :oops: I can't see an option for "Aero Glass Effect" displayed.

I've unticked "Themes manager" - no result. Carried on to reactivate boost again and still no result.

e2a with boost off, the problem's still there.

e2*ahem*aa... sorted now. Thanks Lyon :)

Yep "Themes Manager was ticked" :oops: I can't see an option for "Aero Glass Effect" displayed.

I've unticked "Themes manager" - no result. Carried on to reactivate boost again and still no result.

e2a with boost off, the problem's still there.

e2*ahem*aa... sorted now. Thanks Lyon :)

You're welcome ;-)

You can't see "Aero Glass Effect" cuz you probably use Windows XP :mrgreen:

Cheers 8:)

Archived