IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Restore Center and Computer Type

WebMaximus

Hi,

Just bought the Pro version and have four questions:

1. When I ask the program to make a backup in Restore Center no backup seem to be created, no entries end up in the list...?

2. When choosing computer type I think Top Performance would suit me best since I mainly use my PC for Microsoft Flight Simulator X which puts a very heavy load on the computer but it says you should choose that type with causing due to possible compatibility problems but what kind of problems are that? Would be great with a little bit more info.

3. I'm also wondering about the 'My home network in a domain' option - what will that do and when should you have it checked? I'm using a D-link router to which I'm connected using a wireless network card and I also have a couple of other computers connected to the same router and I want all my computers to be visible to each other.

4. What are the benefit having Advanced WindowsCare start automatically with Windows and have it running all the time, will not the scheduled tasks run if you don't have Advanced WindowsCare started? Since Advanced WindowsCare utilizes the built-in task scheduling in Windows I figured the tasks will run even if the program isn't running all the time?

Thanks in advance for your help!

//Richard

Hi Richard,

If you are using the latest version AWC2 Pro 2.90 downloadable from here , then,

1. In "Restore Center", under the "Tasks" there is only "Create Restoration Points". Clicking this link creates a Restore Point in "System Restore", and you can check this by clicking "System Restore" under the "Tasks". Backups are created only if you let the program Repair by itself after Scan. But, it is strongly recommended to click specifically the show details on the right side of the "System Optimization" before Repair to choose and decide what to put in Ignore List.

2. Please read the relevant posts in the Forum for that, specially AWC_Optimizations_List thread by Clayton, as "System Optimization" is different for different "computer type"s and you have to carefully choose what you don't want AWC to change, so you can put them in the Ignore List. For performance, other functions are sacrificed, that's why it is said that there may be compatibility issues.

3. Please have a look at the following link .

In the new ASC 3, this link is given in the program by the checkbox of "My Home Network in a Domain".

My advice for you is to check it.

4. It will run if you have scheduled it even when it is not running.

Automatic and Scheduled Care will independently work with FCFS principal according to your scheduled times.

You will see more different options in the new version ASC 3, such as defragmentation, etc. which can be chosen for automatic care.

I hope these answers are satisfactory for your questions.

Please do not hesitate to ask for details.

Cheers.

Hi and thanks for your prompt reply!

1. That is exactly what I have done and after clicking "Create Restoration Points" I get a message after a couple of seconds saying the task completed successfully but still I don't get any entries under "System Restore" and I have scanned my computer and allowed AWC to repair them.

2. Thanks for the link, it held lots of good info!

3. OK, since it appears to relate to the normal Domain/Workgroup thing in Microsoft's world I think I will in fact leave it unchecked since my computer is not part of a domain - would however be interesting to know what exactly this option does in AWC but maybe that would be too much info not for everyone to see for competitive reasons.

4. Not sure if I understand you correctly on this one but are you saying I don't need to always load AWC with Windows and have it running all the time and the scheduled tasks will still work? Also...what is FCFS?

All the best,

Richard

Archived