IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Error message

Twice while trying to update to Smart defrag 1.02, I get the following: An error occured while trying to replace the existing file:

DeleteFile: code 5.

Access is denied.

Click retry, ignore (not recommended), or abort

to cancel.

Ox80070005

Anybody know what this means or what to do now? Thanks, Ed

Hi mwejr

If the program is running in the background and you have it minimized in the system tray, it cannot be correctly uninstalled.

Cheers

solbjerg

Twice while trying to update to Smart defrag 1.02, I get the following: An error occured while trying to replace the existing file:

DeleteFile: code 5.

Access is denied.

Click retry, ignore (not recommended), or abort

to cancel.

Ox80070005

Anybody know what this means or what to do now? Thanks, Ed

hi mwejr

Nice to hear, glad it worked out for you!

A little misconception though, several of us here in the forum are just ordinary users even though we are called administrators or moderators, it just means that we have the possibility to edit posts or even delete them if we find them offensive. Several of us are not employed by IObit.

We are just trying to help out to the best of our abilities, many users have extensive experience and are sharing their knowledge with us all.

If you read through the posts you will find many questions that have been discussed and mostly solved.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks Solbjerg. Great tip. I'm impressed. Guess that's why U get the big $$$. Later, Ed

Archived