IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smartdefrag startup method (vista)

Hi everyone,

Firstly, just to say SmartDefrag is good. I have been using it for a while with no problems.

However, regarding the program's startup method.... I cannot find it anywhere!

How is the program autorun? I have checked with startup managers and haven't been able to find it.

Thanks in advance...

Profess

I'm a fairly new user of SmartDefrag, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong. If you open SmartDefrag and click on Options, you should see a checkbox for "Load automatically at Windows startup". If you have that box checked, then SmartDefrag is running in the background when you start your computer.

Hi dderolph

You also have to activate the autodefrag option (in case it isn't already)

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm a fairly new user of SmartDefrag, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong. If you open SmartDefrag and click on Options, you should see a checkbox for "Load automatically at Windows startup". If you have that box checked, then SmartDefrag is running in the background when you start your computer.

It's a Task Scheduler event - I could've kicked myself...

Hey everyone,

For what it's worth, it's a Task Scheduler event (at least on my vista anyway).

I know it could be disabled from within the program, but confused the hell outta me when I couldn't see it anywhere.

Hope that helps someone anyway.

Regards,

Profess...

Archived