IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Adding item to All Programs? [EXPLAINED!]

ccarollo

Is there a way to add a shortcut to All Programs? I can make a shortcut and then drag-and-drop it onto the Start button, but that pins it to the start menu as well as adding to All Programs, and if I unpin it from the start menu it disappears in All Programs.

I just want a few new applications in that menu, but I can't seem to figure out how to make that happen.

Adding shortcuts to All Programs!

Hi ccarollo, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

You can add the shortcuts of programs to All Programs by adding them to the location below:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

You should unhide hidden Files/Folders to see the location in Windows Explorer.

To see that location, you can tick the checkbox of Hidden items on the header if you choose View tab in Windows Explorer.

Cheers.

Hi ccarollo, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

You can add the shortcuts of programs to All Programs by adding them to the location below:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

You should unhide hidden Files/Folders to see the location in Windows Explorer.

To see that location, you can tick the checkbox of Hidden items on the header if you choose View tab in Windows Explorer.

Cheers.

Worked great, thanks for the quick reply! Really enjoying having my start menu back. :D

Archived