IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Allow me a bit of confusion!!

Haggis

As a newbie to the forum, I hope you will allow me open a couple of ideas for debate. I am a very contented ASC user - going back to Version 2 days. I have found the product to be excellent and amongst the safest "clean-up" utilities out there - this is based on over 30 years in the IT business.

However, in a busy life some users don't have time to check forums, EMail notices etc for new versions and flavours of their utilities - and I am such a user. Now retired, I ventured onto the IOBit web page, logged in, and looked at my product history. I discover to my surprise that I have active licenses for:-

ASC Ultimate Ver 6, ASC Pro v5. ASC Pro with eBook, ASC Pro v6 etc etc etc. Now I know why this is - in a busy life I allowed auto-renew do what it does well. I have now managed - not without some difficulty - to disable auto-renew for these as I no longer need the dozen licenses I seem to have accumulated. Thinks! - I could maybe open a museum.......

In my dotage - I settled down in front of the fire to look at Version 7 features. Yes - this looks good - I'll order Version 7. Stay with me now! - Look at the IOBit web page advertising Version 7 and at the foot of the same page I see the option to download the Free Version, Buy the Pro Vesrion or Buy the Ultimate version. I take the Ultimate option and, "low and behold" I get a nice EMail acknowledging my order and showing me where to download ASC Ultimate Version 6. Version 6!!!! - I already own Version 6, and all previous versions!

I'm allowed to be confused at my age - but is the ASC Web Page not a bit confusing. Have a look for yourselves at

http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcarepro.php

So - thanks for an excellent product. Consider making the auto-renew feature a bit easier for the user to set, and take some of the confusion out of your "Buy Now" buttons on your web pages.

I will continue to recommend ASC to friends and associates - keep up the good work.

A bit of clearance!

Hi Haggis, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

I agree that the information in IObit pages is sometimes confusing.

As you know ASC and ASC Ultimate (ASCU) are two different products, later having all the functions of ASC + Anti-Virus.

So, there are 2 different license codes, one for ASC and different one for ASCU.

If you already own an ASC license, it is cheaper to have ASCU license by upgrading to it in IObit web pages.

ASC license can not be used in ASCU and vice versa is also correct.

The licence for a prior version of ASC is also valid for the most recent version of ASC until the expiry date (i.e. license for ASC6 is valid for ASC7). Same is true for ASC Ultimate also (license for ASC Ultimate 6 is valid for ASC Ultimate 7 including Beta versions of it).

Now, ASC 7 (final-public release) is released and when users try to buy, it is offered for downloading, but ASC Ultimate 7 is still at BETA phase for public testing, so, it is not offered when you try to buy ASC Ultimate, but ASC Ultimate 6 (final-public release) is offered.

On the other hand, you can download ASC Ultimate 7 Beta 1 and use your license code for ASC Ultimate 6 to directly make it Pro (Beta Pro) instead of having 15 days trial version.

You can download ASC Ultimate 7 Beta 1 from the link in Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7 Beta1 (7.0.0.438) is released! (Updated to 7.0.440) thread.

The most recent versions of IObit products can be found in NEWS & OFFERS section of the forum. Just follow the icons with unlocked threads. :idea:

I hope I did not make the things more confusing. :-P :lol:

Please shoot if you have any questions!

Cheers.

Archived