IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Disabling auto shut off for selection translucent rectangle

Crimson

When I run Advanced Systemcare 7, it automatically shuts off the translucent selection rectangle. I like this feature of Windows 7 on. How do I make ASC not turn this off when doing a system scan?

Offtopic:

I just want to take this opportunity to thank the creators of Advanced Systemcare for making an extraordanary Anti-Virus program, as well as several of the amazing other features this tool comes with. Such as IObit Uninstaller, that software goes above and beyond what Windows uninstaller does by sweeping the registry clean of remnants left behind. So once again, thank you guys very much for developing these tools. Keep up the exceptionally excellent work.

Hi Crimson, welcome to IObit Forums! :-D

After adjusting it @ Windows=>Click Advanced System Settings window=>System Properties window=>Click Advanced tab=>Click Settings button=>Performance Options window=>Click Visual Effects tab=>Click Custom radio button=>Check Show translucent selection rectangle=>Click OK buton,

you have to ignore it (put it in the Ignore List) by right clicking on it to show the menu to ignore, after Scan for System Optimization in ASC.

FYI, Advanced SystemCare Ultimate is the program by IObit which includes Antivirus program in it together with Advanced SystemCare.

Cheers.

Thanks enoskype, but I don't see the translusent selection rectangle option in one of the IObit options as shown.....

http://i58.tinypic.com/2na8nzr.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/8y82dv.jpg

I ran the System Optimization scan, then attempted to find what is disabling that feature. However, I don't know which Windows service it's disabling that is turning off the translucent selection rectangle.

EDIT:

I think I have the wrong feature scan...I'm double checking now....

Hi Crimson,

OK, IObit has changed the location for the change. (I find it hard to understand the relation of "Show translucent selection rectangle" with Internet Boost. :-o)

Please Scan the Internet Boost =>Internet Problems and search the one changes the REG_DWORD value of ListviewAlphaSelect from one (1) tozero (0) @:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

Right click it and then ignore.

See the attached image.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers.

Archived