IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

CPU Cores

Octavian

Hello,

Some days ago I upgraded hardware of computer, I changed motherboard from Gigabyte P67 to Asus Z97 and processor (CPU) from Intel i3 2nd to Intel i7 4790K. After this I installed all necessary drivers but windows say that CPU has 1 core and 2 threats but in reality this processor (Intel i7 4790k) should have 4 cores and 8 threads. I used before upgrade Windows 8.1 Pro and after also Windows 8.1.

Need some help to clarify things, is a problem or not? what is necessary to do?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n194975[/ATTACH]

That's really strange. Let us know if the download did the trick Octavian. For some reason, I cannot zoom into your screen shot. I don't think it's a Windows utility that you're running. What is that if I may ask? How about checking if at task manager and see if it yields a different one. One more thing though, is the OS 32 or 64 bit? 1.gif

That's really strange. Let us know if the download did the trick Octavian. For some reason, I cannot zoom into your screen shot. I don't think it's a Windows utility that you're running. What is that if I may ask? How about checking if at task manager and see if it yields a different one. One more thing though, is the OS 32 or 64 bit? 1.gif

In my screenshot is TaskManager from Windows 8.1. OS is 64 bit.

Hi Octavian,

Download HWiNFO64 4.47.2331 Beta / 4.46.2330 from Author's site, and see if it shows it correctly.

Cheers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n194990[/ATTACH]

Thank You for tool.

This tool that I download show correct information, CPU has 4 cores and 8 threads but from a reason I observe that only core 0 work (In screenshot is displayed information). Any solution (why only core 0 work)? [ATTACH=CONFIG]n194992[/ATTACH]

• 3 weeks later...

Have you checked your bios settings, it could be that you need to use the optimal default setting. Some PC Motherboards let you pick how many cores you can use and have the others off. Look into that option maybe. And setting the bios to optimal settings is generic for good performance. You may want to change some things later.

Have you checked your bios settings, it could be that you need to use the optimal default setting. Some PC Motherboards let you pick how many cores you can use and have the others off. Look into that option maybe. And setting the bios to optimal settings is generic for good performance. You may want to change some things later.

Problem was solved, it was a Windows error.

Thank You!

Archived