IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Shortcut Fixer Cleaning 'problem'

Simon_Torr

I have been using AWC2 for a while to check it out. I recently bought ASC Pro because I believe in supporting companies that let you "try before you buy". The only problems I have had so far were of my own doing. (Enough of the unsolicited cheer-leading.) While using the 'Shortcuts Fixer' I chose some items to remove and said yes when asked if I wanted to send them to the Recycle Bin. Well, they didn't go there. They WERE removed from the list in the 'Shortcuts Fixer' but that's all I know. Fortunately they were some things that I knew were safe to remove so it didn't matter but I would like that option to work in the future. Any specific settings I should check to make sure the program knows what I want? Thanks.

Language bug in Shortcut Fixer "Repair" window

Hi Simon_Torr,

You are right, it should have written:

"Are you sure you want to delete the selected items?"

instead of:

"Are you sure you want to remove selected items to Recycle Bin?"

in the small Repair window which appears when you click on "Repair" on the right click menu of the shortcut with problem.

Therefore, in fact, the Shortcut Fixer, deletes the shortcuts with problems instead of putting them to Recycle Bin.

HOW TO FIX IT?

-----------------------

Please change the string using a text editor:

[M_ShortcutsFixer]

2=Are you sure you want to remove selected items to Recycle Bin?

to:

[M_ShortcutsFixer]

2=Are you sure you want to delete the selected items?

in the "English.lng" file which is in the "Language" folder in main ASC 3 directory. Normally found in: (C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\Language\English.lng)

This bug existed in the older versions, since some translated languages are correct.

Thanks for the reminder, the issue is conveyed to IObit. Please check S O L V E D _ I S S U E S (Coming Soon!) thread

Cheers.

Thanks enoskype. I went into the language folder and changed that line using Word. I then tried to remove another item and I was asked if I wanted to "DELETE" that item so your fixed worked. There are a lot of lines in that file so it took a lot of scrolling to find that specific one. Maybe not for the faint of heart.

Thanks for the feedback Simon_Torr,

If you use the "Find" function under Edit, using the whole or part of the string, in Word or in Notepad, it will find it, and then you don't need to scroll to find that specific one.:-)

Example: Open "English.lng" file by Notepad=>Click "Edit"=>choose "Find..." and click on it=>"Find" window=>type [M_ShortcutsFixer] to "Find what:"=>click "Find Next" button.

[M_ShortcutsFixer] string will be highlighted.

Cheers.

Archived