IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Any place to download Smart Defrag 4?

I've been happily using Smart Defrag 4 for a while, but it downgraded itself to Smart Defrag 5 (it's not an upgrade if it's worse). I was mainly using it for the automatic defrag feature, but sadly IObit decided to take away this feature and lock it behind a paywall. Since I do not support these kind of terrible business practices in any way, I will definitely never get the pro version of smart defrag to get back what I had for free before.

Not only are they trying to trick me into paying for a feature that was free before, they also tried to trick me into installing their other, obviously fake, software in the smart defrag uninstaller (no, you can't speed up my internet without hacking my ISP to increase my download speeds. The fact that you even suggest that you can makes me doubt any other feature of that program isn't an outright lie).

So I'm wondering if I can download Smart Defrag 4 anywhere or if I'll have to find a different program made by a company that doesn't see their users purely as targets to trick into giving them more money like IObit does.

Edit: found a download and happily upgraded back to Smart Defrag 4. I'll leave this up as a means to inform people of the bad business practices used by IObit. I'd leave it up to inform IObit that they're losing customers because of this but I bet they already know that and don't care as long as they manage to trick enough people into paying them.

Archived