IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How to disable privacy sweep and defrag permanently?

robm

I know that I can uncheck the Defreg and Privacy Sweep options when running the program manually, but I would like to let the program run on auto without worrying about these options running unwanted.

I need to keep my history of where I've been and I already use DiskKeeper for defragging the hard drive.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm using Pro 3.1.1

Thanks!

Hi robm,

For manual care:

Uncheck Privacy Sweep in Maintain Windows

and

uncheck Disk Defragment in Diagnose System.

Exit ASC 3 from System tray and start it again.

For Automated Care:

1) Click "Options"=>"Options: General Setting" window=>click "Automated Care" on the left pane=>Automated Care=> -Mode- =>choose "Perform computer care at a scheduled time" OR, "Perform computer care when the system is idle (Recommended)"=> -Action (for schedule mode only)- =>Repair for:=>uncheck "Privacy Sweep"=>click "Apply".

2) Click "Disk Defragment" on the left pane=>Disk Defagment=> -General- =>Perform when fragments exceed=> choose "15%" from drop down menu=> -Additional- =>uncheck "Enable Smart Defragment"=>click "Apply"=>click "OK". (Taking into consideration that you are using Diskeeper. If it is not Pro, try using Smart Defrag.)

You can fine tune the adjustments of both as well as other functions in "Options" if you wish.

Cheers.

Archived