IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Driver Booster Issue

Xcom46

I am having an issue with driver booster.

I have never had an issue with this software be for.I think it is crashing my desktop.There is a random ad that pop's up in my lower right corner of the screen when i first installed it.Mind you i just did a fresh install of windows 7 64bit.So there are no viruses or malware present.This was a DOD standard 7 wipe all zeroed out on my SSD.

I don't seem to have this problem on my laptop.It's running the same OS and newer hardware drivers.My laptop has not rebooted once.And it has the latest Driver booster which is 5.1 i think.I am not sure if this is related to the random BS ad that pops up.This software should not be packed with ads like that.

My laptop stays on 24/7 with out issue and with out over heating.

Now as for my desktop on the other hand it was built back in XP days.But still has the power to play high end games,With out issue.Except the current.

After two weeks of fiddling with the dam thing sorry about my language.I decided to reboot the full windows and did a fresh windows install.Complete with a DOD format.And the only things i have done so far is installed all current windows updates for windows 7.I have had this running for about 16 hours with no crashes.

So my conclusion is that driver booster is making my desktop crash. randomly at times.It's the only software i had installed at the time of updating the drivers.

So either it's driver booster causing my crash's or a driver that it's downloading.

FYI It crashed my desktop while trying to install all my drivers.

I ran a test and i installed each driver but one.I ignored the Display driver,Due to the fact some newer display drivers cause major issues on older graphic cards.

I installed all drivers one by one to see if would crash.So far has not happened as of yet.This is with out the current display driver in driver booster.

Archived