IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

dsl upgrade

Nominal

I'v had dsl from bellsouth (now at&t) for many years. I am thinking of upgrading to either xtreme 3.0 mbps or xtreme 6.0 mbps.

Do you think I would really get alot more speed over 3mbps with a phone line?

Second question. If I upgrade, does anyone know if I will get a new modem? I currently have the westell 2200 model and a linksys wrt54g wireless

router. I also have a netopia 3347 router I could use. Do you think I need to purchase their modem/wireless router combo, or do you think mine will work just fine? Thanks Robert

Hi Robert,

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Of course, all I would have done would have been to point you to dslreports.com. :smile: Awesome site.

I have AT&T DSL, and went from basic to 3M to 6M and kept the same modem. I have a Linksys (wired) BEFSR41 V4 router, and according to speedguide.net, I get a little better than 6M down and a little over 4K up. There was a noticeable speed jump going from basic to 3M and from 3M to 6M.

Dave

Archived