IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Software Informer

JahMekAWail

I have downloaded 3.1.1 three times (onto two PCs ... one PC is a paid subscriber and the other has the free version) over the last two weeks and find that each time it is bringing with it mal-ware called "Software Informer" which has an icon like the head of a mop with a single eye in the "hair". It seems that the Software Informer is gobbling cpu ticks and slowing the machines right down. The Mal-Ware does not appear in Control Panel and therefore is difficult to uninstall. I have been simply deleting all references that I can find but am not certain that I am getting rid of all of this software. What experiences have others encountered?

Good day,

I also removed ver 3.1.1, & installed ver 3.1.2 to get rid of Software Informer, but Software Informer is still there (from ver 3.1.1?) This program is redundant, & doesn't target specific operating systems relative to updates; if you blindly follow the the update recommendations, you could easily run into compatibility issues. Does anyone know how to completely remove Software Informer w/out upsetting the main ASC program?

Thanks

rmunn,

You must have downloaded and installed ASC 3.1.2.build 606.

(build 604 did that)

Anyway, delete "Sup_softinfo.exe" and "msvcp60.dll" files from the main folder of ASC 3 to get rid of Software Informer from your system. Deep scan of Registry Fix and Repair will take care of the residues in Registry.

Cheers.

Problem Removing SI Files

Enoskype,

Thanks for the timely reply. I'm having a bit of trouble deleting the files you suggested. I'm logged on as administrator & have user acct control disabled (restarted desktop), but keep getting a "Destination Folder Access Denied" prompt. The exact name of the files on my system are: msvcp60.dll & sup_softinfo.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again,

R Munn

Enoskype,

Thanks for the timely reply. I'm having a bit of trouble deleting the files you suggested. I'm logged on as administrator & have user acct control disabled (restarted desktop), but keep getting a "Destination Folder Access Denied" prompt. The exact name of the files on my system are: msvcp60.dll & sup_softinfo.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again,

R Munn

Maybe you could run the computer in Safe Mode and uninstall them...???

8)

Archived