IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag 1.1.0.2- How Can This Be?

http://usera.ImageCave.com/MaxxPix/4/MaxxTerra%201-14-09%20v1.1.02.JPG

These results were from running Smart Defrag 1.1.0.2 on my 1TB F Drive which has 150MB of the space used and I am wondering why there is now such a proliferation of immovable files when in the past with Smart Defrag v1.02, v1,03 and even the initial Defrag and Deep Optimize with v1.1.0.2 the results never showed more than 7 tiles indicating immovable files where now there are an additional 100 more being indicated as immovable files along with an additional MFT all of a sudden???

I've tried most of the other disk optimization programs out there and in my opinion Smart Defrag is by far the best! All I'm trying to understand is why I am getting these results now when in the past the iObit algorithem had been consistently coming up with such different results as far as the immovable file count and placement is concerned.

~Maxx~

http://usera.ImageCave.com/MaxxPix/4/MaxxTerra%201-13-09%20v1.10a.JPG

For the purpose of comparison this is the first result I got earlier on the same day with Smart Defrag 1.1.0.2 set on Deep Optimize before I customized the color assignments. I'm just wondering why although the number and placement of the frequently used files is identical in both instances the number of tiles representing immovable files suddenly jumped from 7 to 107 in a matter of hours and why there are now 2 Master File Tables being represented. Any help in understanding how and why this could happen would be greatly appreciated.

~Maxx~

Krissy- I have Smart Defrag 1.1.0.2 set to skip files larger than 1GB. All the settings are the same now as they were over the last 3 versions of Smart Defrag and yet now all of a sudden after scores of optimizations I get these very different looking results.

The most important thing is of course is that Smart Defrag has always placed the most frequently accessed files at the outside of the disk where they should be I'm just puzzled as to how 100 tiles worth of rarely used files all of a sudden were given immovable file status.

~Maxx~

Archived