IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart defrag not working on vista? but ok on xp pc

Hi

I just downloaded smart drag and installed on my vista premuim laptop and my xp desktop. The drag is going ok on the xp machine but on the vista machine it says starting and then within a couple of seconds says it is stopping. It is like the program does not have the right permissions or something any ideas?

Regards

Justin

Hi Justin

Try adding it to the exceptions in your firewall.

(should probably have been unblocked before install)

Take a look at the install-uninstall- procedure in the forum.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi

I just downloaded smart drag and installed on my vista premuim laptop and my xp desktop. The drag is going ok on the xp machine but on the vista machine it says starting and then within a couple of seconds says it is stopping. It is like the program does not have the right permissions or something any ideas?

Regards

Justin

Hi

Regards

Justin

Hi Justin.

The fix is simple...it has nothing to do with Vista or permissions of firewall. By default, Smart Defrag is set to NOT work when your comp is on battery, which is why you get the 1-second "starting" then stopping.

To solve this, simply go to the "options" link on the lower-left of the Smart Defrag main window, scroll down to the check box for battery, and UNcheck it. Should work like a charm after that.

Archived