IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag frozen - safe to stop?

Hi everyone.

My PC had been running slow and as I've been using AWC for some time I thought I would give Smart Defrag a go - I've only run the Windows XP defragger before now. I downloaded SD yesterday evening, ran a scan, and selected Fast Optimize as advised. 21 hours later and it's still running and shows it's going to do so for another 25 hours, but the SD interface shows it has been stuck on the same file since this morning so I'm assuming it's frozen and won't progress any further. If it's any help I only have a 75gb HD and only two thirds of that has been used, and SD shows that only two files remain fragmented.

My question is, will I screw anything up by stopping the defrag now? Presumably I will benefit from what it has already done.

thanks

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do I find out what files they are etc?

By the way, I arrived home about 15 mins ago (I was at work earlier) and I've clicked "stop" as suggested. SD tells me it's stopping but nothing else is happening and all of the buttons (start, stop, view report etc) are greyed out.

Aaaaarrggh!

Closed it, re-opened it, analyzed C drive, now have 137 files fragmented! Viewed report and an awful lot of them seem to be temporary internet files. There also seem to be a substantial amount related to my Norton anti-virus.

Archived