IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What happened to my startup options?

wk2000

I was running the previous beta of AWC (2.1?). My computer was running slow and I was in a hurry to get work out, so I had AWC run the Startup Programs function to see what I had running in the background that I could shut off. It listed 14 startup programs. I went through the list and unchecked 5 programs that I didn't need to finish the work I was doing. I rebooted and everything was fine, my computer ran faster and I finished my work. At the very end, I went to fax a copy of a letter I had written, using efax 4.2. Efax was one of the programs I had turned off, but I assumed it would come up, a little slowly perhaps the driver hadn't been loaded at startup when I rebooted. Instead I got an error message that the driver wasn't properly installed and I needed to reinstall the driver. I then opened AWC and was going to run the Startup Programs function again to turn the 5 drivers, including efax, back on. However, I noticed the offer to upgrade to the new beta, so I did that first. During the installation, it asked me for permission to uninstall the previous version, to which I agreed. I then installed the new beta to a new folder. When I ran the program, however, all of the startup programs that I had turned off were missing. I thought they would still be listed as options that could be turned back on. I restored my computer using the system restore point that was created when I installed AWC, but the previous beta folder is missing most of its files so I can't run that version. Is there any way I can get my old startup programs running again without having to reinstall all of them?

Archived