IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Registry Fix - a lot of problems found

Iota

Yesterday, I cleaned my registry with Glary Utilities and fixed over 800 problems. Today, I ran registry scanners from Glary, CCleaner, and ASC3 (Free, so no deep scan). They found the following number of problems:

Glary - 4

CCleaner - 108

ASC3 - 738

I know CCleaner is very aggresive in finding unused file extensions, and that adds to its number. One thing adding to ASC3's total is that it lists Invalid Shortcut Files. Why are these found in a registry fix routine? The links are to the Recent folder, not to the registry.

The main category that ASC3 lists that the others don't is the set of HKCU MRU lists. Each entry is listed as a separate problem found (resulting in a few hundred). I can see that taking these out would make the registry smaller, but, a) they will quickly be rebuilt, and, b) making the registry smaller doesn't do much unless you then defrag it, which is something I do very rarely! I could put them all in the Ignore List, but that would be unwieldy. Is there a good reason to list/fix these?

Archived