IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag Roadmap?

I've read many interesting feature requests (some even worthy :grin:) in the forum and am wondering if the IOBit developers have a general roadmap that they can share.

I am particularily interested in boot-time defragging of MFT & paging file and better free space defragging. If the developers have testing data that show these don't contribute significantly to noticeable real world HDD performance decline I'd be interested.

Thanks.

I am particularily interested in boot-time defragging of MFT & paging file and better free space defragging. If the developers have testing data that show these don't contribute significantly to noticeable real world HDD performance decline I'd be interested.

Thanks.

Hi jrandall,

I will be greatly surprized if the Devs. have the data that shows what you say. :-o

I really doubt it!!! More than that, I think no such data exist anywhere. :-P

Cheers.

I will be greatly surprized if the Devs. have the data that shows what you say. :-o

I really doubt it!!! More than that, I thing no such data exist anywhere. :-P

I believe you, but then why do many defraggers have the extra code necessary to do boot-time defrags of MFT and paging file? Or why do they have the extra code necessary to minimize free space fragmentation? Are these other developers just trying to make the results look pretty? :lol:

I can't believe that some developers think that these are a good thing without some imperical evidence. I assume the IOBit folks ran benchmark tests during development of their patent pending smart placement feature. I'm not sure why they couldn't run benchmark tests with various levels of fragmentation to evaluate the real world effects of fragmentation on HDD speed at least based on their own software.

Any insight into my second question regarding the development roadmap for SD? I can't believe the IOBit folks are working adhoc or that a broad general roadmap is a business secret.

Archived