IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Lost ADMIN rights to install any software after ASC3 "scan and fix" routines

papatech

Greetings.

Thanks again for the help on GameBooster servicelist issue.

Here's another problem.

I had to run an installation (upgrading a program).

I kept getting an error with installation failing to a message indicating that I did not have administrator rights to install the program.

After a couple of hours, this became frustrating to track down.

I found another thread that indicated to run a ASC3 scan and then click on the green "no problems found" line, modify/remove the checkmarks for all the various threats that are locked down (immunized) by ASC3.

I was then able to install the program.

I thereafter placed the checkmarks to immunize the system from threats according to ASC3.

Questions:

Understandably ASC3 will run it's routine to protect a system but what and why is it removing the administrator rights?? There is no indication (controlpanel userpasswords) that any rights have been removed from a user account. There is no indication that Group/Local Security Policy rights have been removed.

Will I always have to uncheck all the (over 5000) thousands of security threats that ASC3 protects against in order to install software??

Feature Request/Suggestion:

What about an "Install Mode" similar to Spyware Terminator and various Anti-Virus programs??

Hi again papatech,

What you describe is nothing to do with Security Defence. Please read the link in this post to understand what Security Defence is doing.

It must have been something else in System optimization or Registry Fix that you have not put into Ignore List which caused your permission problem or another program is the cause. Otherwise, ASC 3 may not be permitting you to connect to an immunized site.

If you give us more detail of the update you are having problem, we may help you more.

You don't need to un-immunize and immunize again the whole lot when you want to update a program.

Please download Dial-a-fix, after running, click the hammer button and check your permissions if there is any limited. You can get back all the permissions you have by this tool. Be careful when using this tool, as it is a tool for experienced users. Read all the descriptions on it.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

Indeed, the problem is not ASC3. It was Spyware Terminator

Sorry. You beat me to a post to correct my mistake.

"Install Mode" of Spyware Terminator was not properly allowing an installation. Only disabling Spyware Terminator allowed me to install my application.

ASC3 running like a champ.

My apologizes for my mistake again.

-C

Archived