IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Deleting clones

genih

I ran the "find clones" utility and it showed me tons of clones! Am I to remove only one of the duplicates shown or are they all duplicates?

Also, when I right click, it says "remove to recycle bin" - however, when I look in the recycle bin, there is nothing there. I'm confused!:-(

Hi genih,

Please read the whole Usage of IObit Products thread before repairing or cleaning with ASC 3, and you can make a search for clone files in the forum to get a lot of advices.

One shouldn't remove any clones unless he/she really knows what he/she is doing.

Some of them are system files and needed for further use/repair of the PC.

When it says "remove to recycle bin" they will be removed to recycle been when you click to remove them, to give you a chance to recover them from recycle bin unless you empty the recycle bin.

Post again if you have any questions.

Thank you and cheers.

Hi genih, hi matofthemint,

My apologies for not checking lately.

Yes, I do confirm that there is a bug in Disk Explorer and clicking "move to recycle bin" removes the files without putting them into Recycle Bin.

This is valid for all tabs in Disk Explorer utility.

Thank you for the heads up.

Cheers.

Archived