IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

multiple users

• 2 years later...

Complete computer coverage?

Please confirm that when Advanced System Care is run by one person with administrative rights on a computer that has multiple user accounts (with limited rights) it only attends to the account with administrative rights that ran the program and does not scan and correct the other user's accounts/directories. Thanks in advance...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - ASC Pro Ver 3.5.0 running on Win 7 Professional for several weeks now.

Since running primarily Linux the past few years am in the habit of staying in limited user account like 95% of the time.

Looks like ASC won't even update without switching to Administrator account. Every login get this notification - "You need to have Administrator privileges to run Advanced System Care". I assume that's ASC trying to update.

I'm the only user (danielh) on this computer. UAC is disabled.

In Admin acct changed Properties > security > permissions > danielh to full control. This did not work. Changed owner to danielh. This did not work.

Correct unless used by other users with "Run As Administrator" option

Right click "Run as Administrator" produces the same "You need Admin privileges" notification.

Initially set Automated Care to run on a weekly schedule. Checked today and last system scan was 3/07 when I must have been in Admin and run it manually for some reason.

So it looks like ASC functionality is based on subscribers running primarily in an Admin account. For 3 weeks mistakenly thought I was running with ASC protection when it was in fact disabled.

I had assumed the "You need Admin privileges" notification just meant I could not change the Admin set options and schedule etc. Not that the program would not start at all.

What a pity. I have a new computer running Win 7 Pro and was planning on a second ASC Pro subscription.

It's not worth it if the "maintain windows" options don't even touch the account accumulating most of the "junk" and I need to manually switch into Admin account to get something as basic as updates.

I could just as easily run Ccleaner and SuperAntiSpyware once a week.

Archived