IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IE8 surfing at a snails pace

sunny staines

Tried IE8 for the first time [final build] and was opening pages and links like a slow motion snails race. my temp solution was to hit the ie7 comp button i would then get a white page but then hitting the F5 refresh button gave me the page instantly.

Since then I found a tip change the home page to microsofts homelive.com and the pages open quickly but do not know why.

still stuck with new tabs opening slowly anyone got an answer to this please.

It seems some have found IE8 is very fast while other have very slow speeds.

13 seconds down to 4 for opening new tabs

been spending hours re slow ie8, some have it fast some slow so it must be a clash

smartscreen filter disable that and links seem slightly faster.

if you have norton and the phising protection keeps getting disabled causing you to hit the fix button for repair contact free norton live chat support for free upgrade to the end of your current licence.

I went to manage add-ons via the tools menu and one by one disabled and re started ie8 the offending program was the free very useful "speedbit" used for speeding up download of video clips.

others made no difference [these were java, adobe, ie7pro, google,onenote, norton, spybot]

hope this may help some other if you do not have speedbit follow same method re add-ons.

All I can say is Windows 7 better be pretty damn good because Vista was a flop and IE8 isn't sounding so great either.

While Apple has been on-it having IPhone with available applications for it and the introduction of the thin computer, and their operating system now includes windows programs.

They seem to be the inovators now.

Valuater

8)

That was a case of pretty bad spelling in my first post sorry. Can or how do I get rid od IE8 and go back to IE7? Thanks for any help.

In Windows XP Press....

Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Windows Internet Explorer 8

Click "Uninstall.. But be sure to Re-install IE7 from Microsoft

( there may be an option to restore IE7 )

This is the link

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/ie7/

Good Luck

Valuater

8)

Thanks

Thanks, I Just found this Forum but when I did I knew I would find the help I needed. I belong to several Truck forums and the people there are always ready to help so I figured the same was true for here. Once again thanks for the assistance.

Thanks, I Just found this Forum but when I did I knew I would find the help I needed. I belong to several Truck forums and the people there are always ready to help so I figured the same was true for here. Once again thanks for the assistance.

Glad we could help... :)

Valuater

8)

• 2 months later...

Archived