IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Resilience and stability question

Hi, guys!

I am a new user following the excellent reviews on the net and in the IT magazines.

I am not an expert in defragmenting, though I do defrag for several years by now, first by Windows Defragmenter and CLI MS defrag, then by PerfectDisk 8.0 trial.

What seems wrong in MS defrag is that it pack files so tight despite they are expected to grow. This results in logfiles having i.e. 500 frags.

As an admin, I tend to think of logfiles as more than junk for CCleaner to wipe. They sometimes saved the day.

Is there an option in iobit Smart Defrag to reserve at least some space for files that are expected to grow?

Would that help at all, or the NTFS is hopelessly failing on this?

2. What would happen in the power loss situation in the midst of defrag?

3. The PWRFAIL is more probable in AutoDefrag situation when it is constantly working.

Thanks,

Marvin

Archived