IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AWC 3.2 Removes Trusted Sites in IE8

On both XP and Vista, when you remove the Website Defense websites (Restricted Sites in IE), AWC 3.2 also removes ALL Trusted Sites in IE8. I reported this happening in IE7 as well; however, the bug has never been fixed.

VERY annoying considering I had over 100 Trusted Sites that now have to all be manually re-entered.

Hi siliconman01,

You are right, it is annoying.

Please have a look at Tim Xue's this post.

Cheers.

I'm not sure that Tim's post is addressing the same issue that I am complaining about. SpywareBlaster does NOT remove IE8's Trusted Sites when a user disables/removes all Restricted Sites in SpywareBlaster. AWC removes all TRUSTED SITES...which it should not even touch.

This is NOT the same issue as the problem IE8 where a large number of Restricted Sites causes IE8 to load slowly. That is an IE8 problem/bug that is not related to a bug in AWC, SpywareBlaster, or SpyBot.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived