IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

? on AWC & Remote Registry?

Ziggy07

Hi All,

I just installed AWC personal, Version 2.4. Initially it was asking for internet access, but was not indicating it was for update purposes. So I denied the connection. It then asked to install a new driver or program to access Remote Registry. This has happened both times I have started the program. Can you tell me why it is asking for this remote Registry and what this program or driver would be used for? I denied it since it seems it would have been installed initially if it was necessary? . :?: The alerts are coming from Zone alarm Security Suite.

I am using Windows XP Home, SP 2

Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

Ziggy :-)

Hi, AWC is just asking for access to an internet connection so that it can update the program, alert IObit that you have registered (not likely this one, though), or it needs the internet connection to properly display the news panel window on the side of the AWC window. When Zone Alarm asks you if you want to allow this program access again you should just click permit and save that response.

Archived