IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Ultimate speedup will not switch on

Capchris

I am running Vista Ultimate 32 bit SP1 with 4gb ram and ASC Pro. I cannot get ultimate speedup to start, it is just marked as "OFF" on the overview. I tried somebodies forum suggestion when they had the same problem with "Automated update" of changing a setting, click apply, then change again, click apply but still will not start. any ideas please.

Hi Capchris,

Did you try the "Basic" for both Computer Optimization: and Nework Optimization: in the dropdown menues and clicking "Apply" and "OK" buttons, and then choosing your choices from the dropdown menues and clicking again the "Apply" and "OK" buttons?

Assuming you are using "Daily Use" for Computer Optimization and "DSL" for Network Optimization,

Go to:

C:\Documents and Settings\{User Name}\Application Data\IObit\Advanced SystemCare\Main.ini

Open the file and check if the 22nd and 23rd lines are as:

OptType=1

NetType=1

If they are not like that, please edit them as shown above and save the file and see if Ultimate Speedup is "ON"

Note: You have to choose "Show the hidden files" in "Folder Options" of Windows Explorer to find the path and the ini file.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

Eventually found the main.ini file. Vista does not have Documents and settings, only Users and also the file was locked as a system file and I couldn't open it.

Ran search for main.ini and found it. It was lines 17 and 18 and they were set to 7 and 0 respectively. Set both to 1 and restarted ASC and this time managed to get Ultimate speedup to switch to on.

Thanks for your help.

Archived