IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Oops...Registry go boom

Ok, it makes sense now, but I went and did a scan while in safe mode and wasn't thinking when I clicked on 'repair' to fix all those dll's that were suddenly missing, consequently can't start even in safe mode. I made that disk a 'slave' now, and I was wondering if there is any way to do a System Restore to a slave disk?

Trying to avoid a re-install or format...

Hi Hedhnter,

I am sorry to hear that, but you can do System Restore from Recovery Console having the disk in your original PC (not as a slave).

Please have a look at this site.

If you have further questions about RC., please post back.

I would strongly recommend to read the posts in USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread in Lounge section before using ASC.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

ASC seemed such a brilliant, straight-forward product that actually reading the directions seemed redundant! I have it on my 3 home computers and even recommended it to my Mother-in-law.

No, it was totally my fault, but I was dealing with another issue which is why I was running a scan in safe mode to begin with...simply clicked repair while brain not fully engaged!

Anyway, thanks for the tip!

Archived