IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Please STOP intrusive ITOP / VPN bundles!!!!

I had let me subscriptions elapse and I will never again auto-renew.  But I missed ASC so I decided to buy another year for my 6 machines during Black Friday. I had hoped that you had learned by then to eliminate the intrusive bloatware. Afterall we buy your product to stop intrusions! Yet again I have to disable performance monitor to stop the VPN sales prompts. I hate that. It makes me question your core ethics. I used to recommend you to everyone. Never again unless you get rid of the intrusive bloat.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT CAN I DO TO STOP THIS PREDATORY INTRUSION.? I deleted all IObit apps except ASC and iTop screen recorder and yet I continue to get these daily intrusions from IObit trying to sell some kind of itop product. I often conduct online line classes where I am sharing my screen. I can't stand the idea I have to uninstall or disable IObit products before each sharing session. 

PLEASE SELL AN IOBIT AD BLOCKER THAT WILL STOP IOBIT INTRUSIONS!!!!

• Like 1

I agree completely with "Learning Activist".  The intrusions from bloatware, and lately particularly iTop, are way excessive, and not easy to delete.  I almost didn't renew my subscription last November because of this, and with the increased level of bloatware over the last few weeks, I'm now looking elsewhere for my computer protection.  It's a shame, since you have  what I have felt in the past, one of the best protection systems out there.  The irony is that all these intrusions are what your product should be preventing, not promoting.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2022 at 9:27 AM, RJank said:

I agree completely with "Learning Activist".  The intrusions from bloatware, and lately particularly iTop, are way excessive, and not easy to delete.  I almost didn't renew my subscription last November because of this, and with the increased level of bloatware over the last few weeks, I'm now looking elsewhere for my computer protection.  It's a shame, since you have  what I have felt in the past, one of the best protection systems out there.  The irony is that all these intrusions are what your product should be preventing, not promoting.

I agree completely with "Learning Activist".  The intrusions from bloatware, and lately particularly iTop, are way excessive. Although "Uninstaller" makes it easy to get rid of.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 1:04 PM, Learning Activist said:

It makes me question your core ethics.

I think it's safe to say 'ethics' aren't a thing deemed worthy of consideration.. Given iTop blatantly and shamelessly copied Stardock's premium product Fences (some settings even word for word), renamed it "easy desktop", and threw it out there for free - just to have more desktops to invade with their spam.

• Like 1

I'm very careful to avoid the ITop traps, but, if it does get installed, I run to Uninstaller and get rid of it. The I open my "C" drive and do a search for it.  I've never found ITop on my computer after running Uninstaller.

I've been running IObits for several years and consider it to be the most complete package available to protect my PC. Now that IObit Malware has Bitdefender I am satisfied that I have the best protection possible.

I very much dislike their third-party billing company.

I trully dislike the intrusive  iTOP advertising by IOBit. It is installed behind your back. When installing ASC, in the background whithout you see it, iTOP is also installed. This happened 2 times. I already have BItDefender so please leave me alone. And then .. iTOP is only a medium rating app. with a 6.5. Who wants to have a medium app when you talk about security. Come on IOBit, come to your sences and stop the mandatory sneeky install of iTOP. I considered to quit with IOBit at all. It is surely not the only app of its kind.

In the registry I carefully deleted all traces of iTOP with REGEDIT and all entries in the file-system.

On 12/5/2022 at 12:04 PM, Learning Activist said:

I had let me subscriptions elapse and I will never again auto-renew.  But I missed ASC so I decided to buy another year for my 6 machines during Black Friday. I had hoped that you had learned by then to eliminate the intrusive bloatware. Afterall we buy your product to stop intrusions! Yet again I have to disable performance monitor to stop the VPN sales prompts. I hate that. It makes me question your core ethics. I used to recommend you to everyone. Never again unless you get rid of the intrusive bloat.

i totally agree. i also had major issue with driver updater pro had to uninstall as it caused major issues as it sent driver updates dell/w11 didnt like. ASC pro is great used it for long time

I have been a long time fan of IOBIT.  After living through the nighmare that was Norton with its tentacles all over my computer, I tried out and I loved the IOBIT family.

But, in all fairness - I too am very tired of having the option to install bloatware a reverse decision.  If someone forgets to opt out, they get the other programs installed as well. .  I don't use either the VPN service or the screen recording features and have no plans to use them in the near future.  Thankfully, I have neither on my computer.

Make the option to get these programs optt in instead of opt out.

Thank you all for your attention.  Be well!